There's a lot that I like about this picture, most of all I have to wonder why in the world the shed is in the pond... :) Was the pond an unexpected addition later on? I also really wonder why the ladder is in the water; just in case someone falls in and needs a way out I guess.
I love looking at reflections, I love the symmetry, repetition, and the train of personal thought that inevitably follows. However, I'm not a big fan of perfect symmetry, I really like it where there is something on one side or the other that breaks it up and adds an extra subject to the picture. The difference in this reflection is pretty subtle, but still profound in my opinion. I like the ice and flora growing in the middle, that separates them, but last time I checked,trees were supposed to grow up. :) Like this.
Cool huh!? Although not exactly true to life, this version does seem to have a bit more story to it... :) like how life is kind of blurry and we don't get it until we die. Then after we're buried it's mostly the same, but so much clearer... haha, I guess the same story would work up above with a more uplifting point of view, as we climb the ladder out of the blurry, messed up world eventually things get clearer... :)
Thats my take on my photo, any other factions running around out there? Also, don't be afraid to shoot me list from a few posts ago, I'm still desperate for input about which pictures to use in my admissions portfolio. :)
Thats my take on my photo, any other factions running around out there? Also, don't be afraid to shoot me list from a few posts ago, I'm still desperate for input about which pictures to use in my admissions portfolio. :)



Hey, cool photo! I like it. I like how it looks like the trees rest on the bank in the reflection, in contrast to the rocks. Kind of gives it an interesting ironic touch.
ReplyDeleteBreanna likes this.
ReplyDeleteLovely, especially the first image :)
ReplyDeleteyea, Ironic is a good word for it... like its not supposed to be there... haha, Breanna, this isn't facebook silly. :) but I'm glad you like them. :) thanks for commenting you guys! I love it. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, I really love the clear reflection in the second picture. It is really thought provoking. As I look at these photos I am reminded of the line in the song "just around the river bend" that says "you can't step in the same river twice." You have captured a perspective there that can't be exactly repeated and along with the originality of the photo, you capture a individual interpretation from your viewers. Fantastic!
ReplyDelete