Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reaching for Storms


It is entirely possible that I spend way too much time down in the depths of the library reading fine-art photography magazines... but if I do say so myself, I think I captured that feel with these photos. I'm so excited about these... They totally tell a story in my mind... out of this pile of rubble these viper-like wires are all that survived, reaching to the sky... I was so proud of the bell-shaped histogram too... and the strong diagonal line... if I had to change anything, it might be the sky... its not totally boring... but I think it could be more exciting, I'll probably go back and see if it is later...
Anyways, I'm curious what everybody thinks about these ones, they are different for sure, its not just the pretty nature shots I usually take, but this is the photography that I love to look at as an artist. But what does everybody else think? And which is your favorite?


5 comments:

  1. I like the middle one. I'm not sure why...I think because it's all swirly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one, it really reminds me of hope, like its defying all the odds and reaching for what it wants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks you two! I like them... and I really like your way of looking at them Carli, I hadn't thought of it that way before. :) thats why its so great when people comment! :)
    PS: Carli, there is a neat button... it says "follow" if you click it you can make a wish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Haha, nice advertising technique Alex. Have you ever read the book "So you want to be a wizard?" Well, the main characters go to this other dimension where the cities are abandoned. Everything is broken, and the only life to speak of are these machines. They've kind of taken over the city- scary things really. This picture always reminds me of those metal guys rising from the ruins. It's an interesting book, but I read it a long time ago, so my interpretation might be little off... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha... I think its a wonderful advertising technique. :) didn't work very well... but whatever... :) I'm afraid I haven't read that one yet; towards the end of the Terry Brooks "shannara" series (that whole bookshelf I said I had read) the hero's travel to a place that sounds like that, nothing but machines... anyways, its kind of fun the different interpretations we all see based on what we relate the picture to... :) thanks Eileen! :)

    ReplyDelete