Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Dream Fulfilled

About 2/3 up the mountain and shortly after we had donned our snow shoes (also a very heavy item to carry... if a bit more useful than a tripod...)   It was here that we crossed over to the other side, which is really what it seemed like.  All of a sudden mist surrounded us and every one of our 5 senses knew it. you could feel the moisture and pressure all around you. The smell was incredible, it was more than just a smell, its like it actually existed!  As we looked of the edge of a cliff there were trees rising from the mist, but soon you couldn't see anything farther than 30 or 40 feet, excepting of course, the cloud itself.  The sound expressed itself by it's silence; the only sound was our snow shoes, the cloud seemed to have stiffed the sound of birds we had been hearing and although the cloud was moving, the wind that moved it didn't make a sound.  To be inside a cloud is to be inside something that is alive... 












1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex! Your picts look great! It's always fun to read what you post after one of your adventures. I admit, my favorites of yours are always in color, I think you have a good eye for it. (And maybe I just really like color) However, I really like 2, 7, and 9 in B/W. :) Beautiful. P.S. Now I want to see the inside of a cloud. :) It sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete