Goblin Valley is a place I have always, always loved... when I was little my brother and my dad and I would go with our neighbors the Cutlers once a year and camp in the middle of nowhere on the road to Little Wild Horse canyon. I have lots of memories of both places. I remember when my brother and I would always try and try to reach the top of the valley walls... unfortunately we were both so short that the only way we could even start up the walls was with the help of my dad, and the fact that I was scared of heights didn't help either. :) This is a picture of us in the valley, playing lava monster... its the closest I could find to a picture of the valley believe it or not, but you get the gist... inside there is thousands of little sand formations that you can play on all you want, the whole place is really just a playground for adults where college students, old-hikers, and little kids can all run around until they can't run any more...


Courtesy of Eileen, this is me on my dinosaur I found... :)
Under that overhang you can see a part of the actual valley, most of it is ground level and you can pretty much get anywhere you can see, when you start scaling the walls things get a little more tricky...
There is also plenty of hidden caves that you just stumble upon. :) luckily I had my gorilla-pod handy, because the cave was must darker than the picture would lead you to believe... The whole valley is full of surprises and every time you go you find new things! Its a wonderful place...
So... that pretty much sums up the goblin valley trip... haha, just kidding, as if that would ever work! We had So Much Fun! There really isn't anyway I could write it all. Suffice it to say that I will always be thankful I have friends I can go camping with, it helps to know that I have friends who can have so much fun and still be really safe with.
These turned out awesome Alex! :) I'll just comment on the plant post too, since I'm here, but you do a really good job capturing the feel of a place with your shots, especially the close-ups. I like the cactus and Indian paintbrush. :) By the way- the tunnel pict is really cool! Lucky thing you had your gorilla gizmo. I agree about our friends. I like that we have this big group that has fun no matter who is there or what we're doing. We're pretty lucky. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a blast! Wish I could have been there, but I was busy moving out and lame stuff like that. I also thought it was courteous of me to NOT attend, so that you wouldn't be distracted by having to FIND me all the time. Wasn't that nice of me?
ReplyDeleteYour dinosaur looks more like a walrus. :D
ReplyDeleteGreat photos.
Evan