Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fire, Caves, and Silhouettes

Every boys favorite thing about camping is the fire... because every boy likes to play in the fire, poking it, melting things in it... taking pictures of it... or maybe thats just me... :)  and every boy scout can tell you of numerous stories involving various sizes of flames that had various effects on their skin and hair... :)   but i had never tried photographing fire with a tripod, it actually worked pretty well, I like the soft playful-yet-fierce look of the flames... 


Speaking of tripods... I'm really glad I have a handy little one that I can take anywhere, because it pays off when you stumble on little tunnels like this...   not that I don't like the blurred look, because I do, its mysterious and I like that... but the tunnel looks much better with a tripod. I wish I wasn't so worried about getting sand in my lenses, because I would have loved to play with long exposure in the cave, with the dust flying through... but I'm thinking I'll actually get lots of practice with that in coming weeks! :) 
The adventurer in me seems to have waken up with a vengeance, so I've decided to take up backpacking! :) just for fun... my first trip is a 40 miler planned for Tue, Wed, Thur, next week!: )  I'm way excited, hopefully I can come back with some excellent pictures! :)


And last but certainly not the least of my random lets-post-the-rest-of-goblin spree, this excellent silhouette of Eileen and I. :)  

3 comments:

  1. Me too :). This made a really great silhouette pict! The background sky is cool- the light reflections, the composition (even though it was a spur of the moment picture by Allyssa)...very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, citing Gladwell's work, he concludes 'Who we are cannot
    be separated from where we're from'and when we ignore that fact, planes crash'', cultures clash, and individuals have difficulty adapting and adopting, surviving and thriving
    in a society that pits their maternal culture
    against that of the country they live in. It is said that one nasty green creature is responsible for
    their existence. So there are always full stock on the
    almost all realms of World of Warraft, included both EURO and USA.


    My site :: clash Of Clans hack

    ReplyDelete